Children qualifying for the Pupil Premium include those currently receiving a free school meal (this does NOT include Universal Free School Meals in the Infant School), those who have received a free school meal within the last six years (again NOT including Universal Free School Meals), those in care of the local authority, those adopted from the care of the local authority and those under a Special Guardianship Order.
Children of Service personnel also qualify for a 'Service Child Premium' and therefore receive the benefits as listed above.
The principle aims for our Pupil Premium children
- Quality first teaching and learning that enables good progress across the curriculum
- An enriched curriculum for all.
- Unlocking potential opportunities through financial support.
- High attendance.
- Support for emotional well-being to enable positive learning outcomes.Teaching staff knowing and understanding individual learning barriers (and the most effective approaches to overcome them) to facilitate strong progress and enhanced attainment.
- Engagement with parents/carers and support their children through our Parent Support Advisor.
- Subsidy for trips and residential visits to provide cultural capital.