'Intelligence and skills can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong.' - John F. Kennedy
Why teach PE?
At Bude Primary Academy Health and Wellbeing, PE and School Sport are a central part of our school ethos. We believe that it is a catalyst for learning development for open mindedness, independence and creativity. We are committed to embedding within our daily practice an active lifestyle for all; teaching empathy and respect. In unison with our parents and school community we provide a base to ensure all children are physically, emotionally and academically fit.
Children who are provided with positive experiences of sport at primary school age are much more likely to lead active and healthy lifestyles later in life. We consider our role in providing these positive experiences vital to the children's wellbeing, both in the present day and in the future.
How do we teach PE?
We have coaches from Arena working with us to deliver high quality PE lessons on four days a week. The coaches will also be running three after school clubs throughout the year. All year groups will have access to the lessons and after-school clubs throughout the year.
We work hard to provide children with competitive experiences throughout their time with us, from intra-school sports days and swimming galas, through to inter-school matches. We enter into many competitions on a local, county and national scale in a wide range of sports to allow all children to reach the high standards.
What difference does learning PE make?
Children will benefit from:
- Improved physical fitness
- Skill and motor skills development
- Responsibility for their personal health and fitness
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Stress reduction – an outlet for releasing tension and anxiety
- Strengthened peer relationships, opportunities to collaborate
- Improved self-confidence and self-esteem
- Experience in setting goals
- Improved academics - The big bonus benefit!
Check out some of our PE below:
Resources (clink on the links below):
- 60 Second Physical Activities
- Home School Activities
Links to local schools (click on the links below):
- Bude Rugby Club-Juniors
- Bude Football Club-Juniors
- Hockey Club-Juniors
- Bude Waveriders