School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
We are very proud of our school uniform as it features our unique logo which combines famous Bude landmarks; the Breakwater and Barrel Rock. It was designed by our pupils and symbolises our pride of being part of the Bude community.
The uniform comprises:
- Turquoise sweatshirt or cardigan (with embroidered school logo, optional)
- White polo shirt (with embroidered school logo, optional)
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress - all year
- Yellow and white summer dress - summer
- Black shoes - we do not permit coloured shoes, flip flops or crocs
We would really like to continue to have the children wear their PE kit in school on PE days. Parents say this really does help them and means children have fewer items to remember. However, to do this, we need your support in ensuring that pupils wear the correct school PE kit and not alternatives.
For PE pupils need:
- Turquoise PE T-shirt (with or without embroidered school logo) or plain white T-shirt
- Black shorts or black leggings/jogging bottoms
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Turquoise PE zipped hoodie (optional) or other plain black or blue jumper (when required for outdoor PE)
In winter a school jumper and black jogging bottoms or leggings can be worn for PE.
If you need support with purchasing school uniform, please see Nikki in the office or Emma Thomas our parent support worker.
Most of our uniform can be purchased more widely for example from supermarkets.
Purchasing of School Uniform