Mrs Hannah Goodearl
- identifying pupils with special educational needs and disabilities and ensure that their needs are met
- ensuring that children with special educational needs and disabilities can access the activities of the school
- ensuring that all learners make the best possible progress
- ensuring that learners express their views and are fully involved in decisions which affect their education
- promoting effective partnerships and involving outside agencies when appropriate.
We work with a range of external agencies, alongside the Aspire Inclusion team, to provide the best support for all our children. There are too many to list, but they include:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Cognition and Learning Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Physical and Medical Needs Service
- Autism Spectrum Team
Within school there are a variety of different support groups, clubs and individual sessions, designed to support our pupils. The range of support made in the school is “ Needs Led” and therefore varies each year in response to identified needs.
The Local Offer aims to help families of children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) by gathering useful information they need to know, in one place, so they can make informed choices about the support they receive.
Our Local Offer describes the provision and guidance that is available for children and young people:
- with SEND;
- with or without an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan or Statement of SEN;